Citrus Grilled Chicken



My mom’s friend, Anita has been like a second mom to me since I have lost my own. She lived across the street from her so whenever I am in the area I like to stop in for a hug. She is the same height as my mom was and wears the same perfume.  I take a deep breath, hug her and never want to let go.

One night Anita had us over and served us this delicious grilled chicken.  She told me what ingredients were in it, but didn’t have the recipe. I was craving it so I had to try to duplicate it myself. I have been making it ever since. 

It's healthy,quick and easy. Perfect for a weeknight meal. 

In the summer I do it on the grill, but in the winter I do it on my grill pan. If you don't have one, just use a cast iron pan.

4 Chicken breasts 

The marinade

1 Lemon, juiced
2 Limes, juiced
1/4 Cup Whole grain mustard
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Olive oil
1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
1 TBLSP Brown sugar
1 TBLSP Chopped Parsley
2 Pinches of Cayenne pepper
2 Pinches of Salt

Marinate the chicken for at least 15 minutes. 

Grill for about 6 minutes on each side. 

Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts