Chicken Paprikash


I have loved the name of this chicken dish since that scene from "Harry Met Sally".  I decided to do my own version back in 2012. I normally tweak my recipes through the years, but this one was just the way I like it as is. The chicken is tender and delicious and the sauce tastes rich and comforting like home. 

And yes, I DID keep saying "PAPRIKAAASH" the way they said it in the movie as I was making it.
 



2 TBLSP Olive Oil

1 Large Onion, cut in half then sliced

3 Boneless Chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch chunks
1 TBLSP Garlic powder
1 TBLSP Hungarian paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1 & 1/2 Cup Fat free Chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper 

1 TBLSP Garlic powder
1 TBLSP Hungarian paprika

1/2 Cup Fat free sour cream

12 ounces egg noodles, cooked according to package directions 

Snipped Chives (optional)


Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper.

Add the olive oil to a large high sided skillet and 
brown the chicken over medium-high heat.

Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.

Add the onions and cook for a few minutes.
 
Add the chicken stock, the rest of the salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika to the pan and bring to a boil while stirring and scraping the brown bits from the bottom. Lower the heat to a very slow simmer.

Add the chicken back to the skillet and cover.

Cook for  45 minutes.

Spoon out a few spoonfuls of the cooking liquid to a small bowl and stir in a TBLSP of cornstarch.

Turn the heat to high and stir the cornstarch slurry into the liquid. Once thickened, take the pan of the heat and stir in the sour cream.

Serve the noodles in bowls topped with chicken pieces and plenty of sauce.

Top with chives if using.

 

Comments

  1. Thank you so so much for sharing these amazing receipts. I was diagnosed in January 2018 and like you I did my research and dove straight into Swank. Reading your story has empowered and encouraged me to keep going so I thank you. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry I’m still learning how to cook fat free.. Thanks so
    Much for this blog. I was wondering on this recipe how much saturated fat? And how much unsaturated... I’m still freaked out about getting too much for the day so I still count everything! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! There are about 4 servings in the recipe with 6 grams of unsaturated fat and 1 gram of saturated fat per serving.

      Try not to stress. It gets A LOT easier!

      Delete
  3. Chicken is my all time favorite and experimenting on recipes with chicken is the same favorite thing of mine to do in free time. thanks a lot for sharing.
    Buy Etizex Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts