Pepper Chicken


Chinese stir fry is great for an easy weeknight dinner because once everything is prepped it comes together is 15 minutes or less. I like to prep everything in the morning before I leave for the day so it's ready when I am. Honestly even when I am home all day, I sometimes prep everything early anyway because a lot of times when evening rolls around I am pooped. You know how it is amiright?

I still had some peppers from the garden and plenty of onions and my husband said he wanted a spicy and "goopy" stir fry. His words lol! So I just added some of this, some of that and a little of the other. There is something to be said about cooking from the heart!

This is up there with my favorite stir fries to date and I make A LOT of stir fries!

SO. GOOD.

1 lb Chicken, sliced crosswise on an angle to 1/4 inch thickness

1/2 large Onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Green or Red Pepper, cut to the same size
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 inch piece Ginger, minced

2 TBLSP  Grapeseed, Avocado oil or other high smoke point oil


Marinade:
1 TBLSP Soy sauce
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
1 Scallion, sliced

Sauce:
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 inch piece Ginger, minced
2 TBLSP Soy sauce
2 TBLSP Oyster sauce
2 tsp Sesame Oil
3 tsp Sugar
2 TBLSP water
1 TBLSP Cornstarch
1 Thai Birds eye chile or other hot pepper, sliced, or red pepper flakes to your taste (optional)

Marinate the chicken for about 15 at room temperature.

Heat a wok or large high sided skillet over medium high heat.

Add one TBLSP of the oil.

Add the chicken and leave it for about a minute before turning so it can brown. Now you can toss until just about cooked.

Once it's just shy of cooked, transfer to a plate.

Add the rest of the oil then add the peppers, onions, garlic and onions. Stir Fry for just a couple of minutes.

Add the chicken back in along and stir in the sauce mixture.

Toss everything together until the sauce is thick and hot.

Serve with rice or noodles.

Enjoy!

Makes 3 servings
at approximately 12.5 grams unsaturated fat and 2 grams of saturated fat per serving






Comments

Popular Posts