Chicken Buddha Bowl


Apparently I'm late to the party on this Budha bowl trend. Traditionally a Budha bowl is vegetarian, but "you do you boo".

There is just something fun about tastes of different food in sections... in a bowl. So call it what you want, but since I have to call it something, I'll call it a Chicken Budha Bowl.

It's quick and easy because besides making the chicken and quick pickling the veg, it was just all about assembling the bowl with some pre-made ingredients.

In my bowl I had four sections and you can swap out whatever ingredients you feel like so this is really more of a method than a recipe. Maybe a little of both.

I marinated some bite size chicken pieces in an Asian marinade and tossed them in my wok. Obviously you could use tofu, soy curls, tempeh or veggies and it would be more "authentic" than mine.

Next up I quick pickled some onion, carrots and red cabbage.

Then I added a mix of greens, topped with cashews and a store bought Sesame dressing. I like Braswell's. Only 2 grams and total fat per serving and simple ingredients. Great when I don't want to make my own!

Last, I had a bag of Brown and Red Rice with Kale and Chia Seeds from "Seeds of Change".

So for an easy to follow map (or as easy as I could make it)...

For the Protein:
1 1b Chicken (or any protein you choose), cut into bite size pieces
2 TBLSP Soy sauce
2 TBLSP Brown Sugar
1 TBLSP minced Garlic
1 TBLSP minced Ginger
1 tsp Sesame Oil

For the Grains:
Cooked Rice or Quinoa (I used "Seeds of Change" Red and Brown Rice with Kale and Chia Seeds)

For the Greens:
Salad greens of your choice (I used a prebagged power green salad mix)

Pickled Veg:
1 large handful of thinly sliced onion
1 large handful Red Cabbage
1 medium Carrot, julienned
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
2 TBLSP Sugar

Nuts or Seeds and Dressing:
I used Cashews and Braswell's Miso Sesame Dressing


This makes 4 bowls.

Follow what I used or make your own combinations with your own proteins, grains, veggies and toppings. Have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts