Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta

I created my roasted garlic shrimp pasta recipe pretty early on after starting the Swank diet and it quickly became my husband's favorite.  I have made it quite a few times since then which is actually saying  something since I don't like cooking the same things all the time.  If I cook the same thing over and over it becomes boring and tedious. I love trying new recipes and experimenting with new ingredients. I never want my cooking to feel like a job. I want it to remain an outlet for my passion. So since I was actually craving his dish, I decided to switch it up a bit by adding a little wine, artichokes and lemon. It really kicked it up a notch and now THIS is one of my husband's favorites. Okay... mine too!






2 heads Garlic, the top sliced off, root in tact

3 TBLSP Olive oil
12 large Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp dried Parsley

2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup White Wine
1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts

12 oz Linguine, cooked in salted water according to package directions

Fresh Lemon

Fresh Parsley for finishing


 
Wrap the heads of garlic in foil and bake at 400 degrees for an hour. Let cool so they can be handled. 
 
Heat a large high sided pan over medium low- medium heat

Add the olive oil.

Sprinkle the shrimp with the garlic powder, salt, pepper and dried parsley and toss to coat.

Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until pink on one side. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.

Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.

Squeeze the garlic from it's papery sheath into the pan.

Add the wine and artichokes.

Stir.

Stir in the linguine, along with about 1/4 of the water from the pot.

Squeeze with a little lemon

Sprinkle with fresh parsley.

Toss and serve. 



Serves 4
9 grams unsaturated fat and 2 grams of saturated fat per serving












 

Comments

Popular Posts